Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Neurosis 101: The Heather Files Part II

I started off the day feeling great and now feel really negative. A lot of this has to do with my own internal dialogues I have with myself. Again, I wish I could be a quieter person. I wish I didn't wear my feelings on my sleeve. I wish I didn't worry what others think of me. I wish I didn't feel things strongly.

For crying out loud. I am almost 34 years old! Is this normal? Feeling uncomfortable in your own skin? This seems to be a theme in my posts...my discomfort with myself. I almost feel like how I feel is inappropriate. I second guess a lot of what I say when I have conversations with others...and I chastise myself. At the same point I go out of my way to be thoughtful and present ideas in non-confrontational manners...I try. And when I feel like I am being judgmental...ah...the weight of the world.

1 comment:

Charissa Jacobson said...

So often I beat myself up remembering all the embarrassing moments. I believe that Satan is the Father of Lies and he would like nothing better than to hold us captive in fear far from keeping our attention on God and his promises of everlasting hope. (John 8:44) Shake the lies off Heather. Protect yourself with the Truth (Ephesians 6:10-18) Do you have a favorite verse you can divert your attention to when you start to feel beaten up with doubt? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMQozt3DYg