Monday, April 4, 2011

Today

Today definitely started off as a Monday but ended up just fine. Jon had planned on going up to Deary to seed a client's yard from last year and wanted to leave at 7 am. Because he is such a nice guy, he gets up with the kids every morning, makes them lunch, feeds them breakfast and then walks them to school. I normally get to roll out of bed around 7:45 and stumble for the french press. I woke up at 6:45 and hopped out of bed with a start. I remembered I couldn't find our cash card (okay his...I just never activate mine...I have no idea why??) to gas up the beastly Suburban which has been flashing the low fuel light at me the last couple of days. I had that OH NO!!! feeling because I was responsible for snack at play co-op today, as well as getting the kids to school on my own and taking Iris to and from preschool. With the rain I NEEDED the car. So we dash around looking for the card and realize I cannot find the car keys. AT ALL. This means I am really in trouble. We retrace my footsteps after coming home from the MPTC board meeting. I am silently cursing under my breath because I am making Jon late...it is now 7:15...now 7:25. On top of this, I had been planning on jumping into the shower to wash my greasy hair. Yeah. That didn't happen.

Where do we find them? On the shelf next to the door where we always put our keys and where both of us have looked and somehow missed them for the past 15 minutes. This stalling made me suspicious that Jon should not go to Deary. I felt, maybe, this was a sign or omen that he should hide in our room for the day. I did not mention said suspicion. With a kiss he was off!

I managed to get the kids off just fine, Jon of course had already made their lunches. Most of my kids are self sufficient and I enjoyed walking with them and the dog to school to drop them off. Halfway to school I felt the top of my knit hat for some reason and felt three points. A small plastic set of doll butterfly wings was on the top of my head under my hat, probably making me look like I had three horns as we walked to school...all the way down Mountain View...where half of Moscow is on an early Monday morning.

We got home, I checked my email and the girls and I hopped into the Beast and made it to preschool on time for the teachers to walk her in so that I didn't have to take Isla out of her car seat. Take every positive you can in life!

 I made it to MPTC at the fairgrounds a little early and began setting up the play equipment and carpets. Pretty soon a nice sized group was there, Heidi announced it was her birthday and had brought some chocolate raspberry cheesecake. A good second breakfast. Everything went well, fun was had and I headed over to get Iris from preschool. She had painted some beautiful paintings for us, including one entitled, "Mom in the Sun", where I am painted all in red under a blazing sun. I think I forgot my sunscreen.

I came home and was surprised to find Jon here. There were still two inches of snow on the ground in Deary. So no seeding. He also, unfortunately, had a speeding ticket and then another violation for when he first couldn't find his insurance. Although he did find it while the officer was there he was told he could call and give them his policy number. So the speeding ticket=$150 and the insurance violation which wasn't really a violation=$129...the officer assured him that would be removed if he called and that if he cites his good driving record he could get the other reduced.

THEN the screen on the laptop I ran over with the Beast really started fritzing out today. Jon called Dell they quoted $187. Hells bells. He said he found something else online for $79...but what I really want to know is can he REALLY change the screen himself? Jon mentioned to me, "Well you know...things come in threes". I told him that would be when our taxes are done and they tell us how much we owe...or our vasectomy fails. haha.

Today reminds me of...yesterday afternoon when I was looking for seeds from last year. Since October I have not been able to find the new make-up I had bought right before we moved. You know I hardly wear any, but March isn't a friendly month for my skin tone and I was feeling pretty blah. I knew, knew, KNEW that if I purchased more make-up that I would find the other new make-up I misplaced from the move. So last week, even though we are pretty tight right now I used all these coupons from Walgreens and bought a mascara, an eye liner, a pink lipstick and an eye shadow. Not going crazy here.

Guess what was in the container with the seeds? Yep. Brand new mascara, eye liner,  and TWO eye shadows. So now I have two mascaras, two eye liners, three eye shadows and a lipstick. Enough make-up to carry me through my 40's for me. I told Jon we need to figure out what to look for besides a job. Quit looking, we will probably find one in the weirdest place. Or wait, maybe we already have. Moscow???

No comments: