Monday, January 17, 2011

"Everyone at the Post Office knows everyone else's business".

I have forgotten to share this story with many people...but it is worth sharing. Lorie laughed so hard she cried when I told her.

My birth mom as many know has a lot of issues...mental and physical. I am constantly amazed by the stamina she shows...the fact that she is almost 60?? Amazing. I used to think my genes were pretty crappy...but hot damn...she is still alive after living the life she has. I figure I will make it to 100 if I just keep eating broccoli.

First let me recount a story that a friend of mine, the Post Master's wife told about the time she accidentally made it on a list for a company mailing out formula for expectant mothers. She said everyone at the Post Office asked if she was pregnant because as she put it, "Everyone at the Post Office knows everyone else's business".

Lets go back a few weeks...my mom sent the kid's Christmas gifts. In a big box. Not covered in brown paper. That says, "Adult Diapers." With quantities...size: LARGE.

This is the second time she has sent such a package to us.

No comments: