Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Right Now

This is one of my favorite pictures of Josiah and Sevrin...taken during our short stint in Colorado. I was thinking as I was looking through pictures of my family that I often find myself surprised by my life. I am surprised that I am where I am, I am surprised by my good fortune, surprised to have five healthy children and to not have experienced the loss of a child or spouse. Yet, I am not and have never taken for granted this moment...these moments. Of course hearing of an old friend losing her husband, another friend's cancer or reading about a mother losing her husband and four children in a fire make all of us hold our dear ones closer. To me though...and maybe it is a human experience...I always feel that shadow lurking close by. So right now, I remind myself that right now is perfect. And that is enough.

No comments: