Friday, March 11, 2011

Exhausted.

Many times a day I think about the recession and how it has affected us. I mean to write more about this, and I will. But for now, I am leaving it at this. I think there are millions of people like us. Sad. Bewildered. Wondering. What happened to the American Dream? If we work hard we will succeed? And then...what is success. I heard a couple speak on NPR yesterday about a book they wrote regarding their own recession experience, Made for you and me, I think it is called. I think we need to hear the stories of aborted hopes. Thankfully, for most of us this is no Grapes of Wrath, yet. However, I don't rule out the possibility that the greed of a few could still lead us down that path.

What does the loss of hope look like? Exhaustion. Today is one of the better days this week...I finally feel like "talking" about it. We are pulling out of our self induced depression brought on by applying for employment. Trying to find the balance between drive and being content is hard. At what point do you give up on Plan A. and commit to Plan B.?

No comments: